Advance purchase required. Tours usually sell out!
Check availability & buy tickets:
Or to purchase by phone, call Zerve, our ticketing company, at 212.913.9964
The Original Greenwich Village
Food and Culture Walking Tour
old Italian neighborhood
Join us as we explore the winding tree-lined streets of the historic West Village. Seek out classic "mom and pop" specialty food shops, ethnic eateries, and charming neighborhood restaurants.
Learn about the history, culture, architecture, and entertainment offerings that makes Greenwich Village so unique from the rest of New York City. Discover the old Italian neighborhood, hidden gardens, the narrowest house in NYC, plus much more!
During this tour you will enjoy a variety of food specialties that has secured Greenwich Village's reputation as being one of the greatest culinary and cultural centers of the world. Discover the secrets to having the ultimate food and cultural experience off the beaten path!
Check schedule and availability
(Exact location given once tickets are purchased.)
(More about weather and our tours)
Note: food tastings are subject to change without notice.
We are sorry for the inconvenience. Our Food Tours have been designed to highlight the best and most distinctive foods from each establishment.
There isn't always a "next best" option that meets the special dietary needs of each of our guests. Since we have your health (and palate!) in mind, we truly appreciate your understanding on this issue.
Delicious food specialties are served on the tour from:
- Murray's Cheese Shop - the best cheese shop In NYC! (Est. 1940)
- Faicco's Italian Specialties - Family owned and specializing in handmade italian delicacies (Est. 1900)
- Palma Restaurant - Rustic Mediterranean (Est. 2000)
- Rocco's - A southern Italian pastry shop (Est. 1972)
- Joe's Pizza - A classic NY style pizzeria (Est. 1974)
- Milk & Cookies - An authentic 1950's style bakery (Est. 2005)
- Rafele - Authentic Italian Restaurant (Est. 2011)
Enough food tastings are served that for most people lunch afterwards is not needed. Note: food tastings are subject to change without notice.